Shit.

I have been sicker than I have been in a long time. The posts have been scarce lately, I know. But, I have had night sweats and a fever for about the last week. Went to an ear/nose/throat guy on Monday at cedars-sinai because it looked like there was a plum under my skin on the left side of my neck where my lymph node should be. Wicked bad infection. They got me on 2000 mg a day of some very strong antibiotics. I don't remember if I have ever been this sick or miserable. Helen is taking right care of me. Taking care of 300 lb. baby isn't easy, but she is apparently up to the challenge. Whilst fighting the throat infection, it seems I have landed a wicked head cold. Awesome. Congested on top of all the other things. I left work early on Sunday, and called in yesterday, but tonight I have to go, we need the money. I am fucking miserable. All I wanna do is be healthy. And drink whiskey. Yeah, thats right, I said it, whiskey. Barrels full of beam, right down my throat-Happy Fucking Holidays!!! But, alas, I cannot, not on antibiotics. Wish me well friends and family. And by well, I mean better health over the next couple of days and weeks. I also wish you all well with good health around the holidays. You know, me complaining about all this makes me feel like a total wimp, I'll admit it. Then I think about all the people who are fighting their own health battles with far more serious shit than I am dealing with right now, and I feel like an asshole. So, I am gonna suck it up, throw some aspirin down my throat, gargle with some salt water, and act like I got a pair, and head to work. Oh, family? If your mission is to make me cry at the home made Christmas cards from my nephews and pictures of all my favorite babies, Mission Accomplished. Dicks.
Luvinsandmissunsyouallmorethanyoucanpossiblyunderstand.
5 comments:
Hope you are feeling better each day. Please take good care of yourself.....
Hope you feel better soon! That sucks, especially right before Christmas. Glad Helen is around to take care of you. Have a great Christmas...get well first.
Marla Weiss
Skip the antibiotics. Aspirin and WHISKEY. That's what I give the kids. Works like a charm.
Enough already. I'm shipping out my office paper shredder with instructions for Helen to jam your fingers into the machine to keep you from crying about your sore throat.
The sob story worked - I'll help you out...
You choke down the Asprin, and I'll handle the whiskey for ya.
I'm all heart I tell yu, all heart......
(Seriously though - hope you feel better soon bud.)
Post a Comment