Here, Annelise. This is for you.


Here you are, I flew in that morning with my sister, your Aunt, Ann Marie. We were both in Chicago, her for business, me for life. We flew in the morning you were born. We flew back within 24 hours, all for you, to see the new addition to our family. Your Aunt told her company that she was flying in to town to see your birth. Not only did they have to fly her back, but they had to keep her hotel in room in Chicago while she flew down to see you. We were both tired, but excited to see you. Just know that you were a big deal, with your Dad beaming like the care free pseudo idiot that he is, and your mom, tired, but anxious for her role as your mother to begin. I just got your picture in my birthday card from your mother, and I can't beleive you stand by yourself. Finally got a Dago baby, bout time.

3 comments:

Mary Ann and Rich Gerbin said...

She really is a cutie-patootie.

Anonymous said...

It was a long 24 hours but totally worth it. We have the cutest nieces and nephews. I smile just thinking about them.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Damn, I got cute kids.

Post a Comment