One more thing I want in 2008. Delivery of this Fucking painting.

This was commissioned by me this summer and I have been awaitng delivery of it ever since he sent me this lo-res camera phone pic.For those who know, I have done my best to be a patron of the arts and buy some pieces while I lived in Chicago. Thanks to my old roommate and indie rock barometer Ben for contributing a piece or two as well closely monitoring my collecting. My goal is to have a painting of in various time periods wearing various armor and costumes( everything from the civil war to a mechanized robot lion) kicking butt, or riding with my pinkies extended and a cigar in my mouth. I want the walls at my office at my production company or my house to be covered with commissioned paintings of me doing crazy shit. Other themes will be introduced, maybe in decade long time blocks. Forget photos. Paintings are timeless and heirlooms to be passed on after/ whilst/before your dead.
*My most valuable piece is an early signed watercolor by Francine Turk. Google her, or, follow this link to her page. I picked this piece out on a sidewalk rack she had outside her studio. Now, she operates by appointment only. Funny, she used a connection of mine to allocate beer for her gallery opening. It was a gift.
www.francineturk.com/current.php
0 comments:
Post a Comment