Long Day.
Spent the day at the new apartment painting and getting it ready. We had planned to spend the whole day there painting up a storm. I got a phone call from my commercial agent and had an audition today around 3:30, and Helen had to work for a couple of hours. So we finished painting the front room, went back to the house on beachwood, ate some lunch in a hurry, I printed out directions and a resume, dropped her off at work, auditioned, drove back to her work, played with the kids for a minute, jumped back in the car, back to beachwood, Burrito King in Silverlake (Good, but not as good as La Pasadita or Tecalitlan) for dinner, ate on the patio, painted the kitchen and now home and showered finally at about 12:30. It was a long day, but I(we) couldn't be more excited about our new place. It is close to downtown, has an amazing backyard(not yet amazing, but it will be!) and has a covered front porch. This place is the kind of place I never thought I would have until I could actually afford to buy a house. Yeah, I know it is still an apartment, but for those of us whose life still dictates apartment occupancy, to put it in the words of a friend when showed the place, "You guys struck Gold!". I know we have, but right now I am to tired to admit. It will be nice to move into a place that has already been painted in the colors we want. I can't wait for any of you to visit. We have a pull out couch, with the bar in the back, but I guarantee a walk in the park and breakfast on the patio will straighten you right up. I know a lot of my friends would appreciate it, but none more than Martin. I could use a cigar, doot!
3 comments:
You sound so excited about the new place. It sounds like more of a home-type of place,with a yard. Keep painting and have fun. Enjoy your new home!!
Love you.
Can't wait to visit and experience a day in the life of John Gerbin (the slow day version)... bcz I know that means breakfast and mimosas, boozing on the beach w/ our lovies w/ some sort of rum concoction in our hands, then back home to relax on the porch for dinner (w/ more booze - probably a good bottle(s) of cabernet). Do you see a theme here? That sounds like a perfect trip to me. Oh, and as discussed, going out "clubbing" is sooooo 20's.
Good luck and let us know how the audition went.
Re
Post a Comment