Finally.
For all of those who didn't know, Helen and I got engaged on Sunday night. I have been a wreck the last couple of weeks, and tried to keep her from finding anything out. I have been palnning this for quite a while. I started ring shopping around march, and have kept the whole thing quiet. Pretty much everyone knew but Helen. The last couple of months have been pretty trying, because I have had to act less than sweet to throw her off the trail. I wanted to plan the whole thing for our family vacation. I wanted her to spend some time with my family, and, with the help of her cousin Angie and her sister/friend Helen, we succesfully planned a family get together/engagement party in Chicago on Saturday. Helen was completely surprised by everything, and this vacation couldn't be better. We drank champagne and ouzo, and just hunng out all night. It really was one of the best nights I could imagine. Thank you to everyone who helped me keep this a secret and helped me plan this whole thing. Special thanks to my friend Shannon who tirelessly helped me find the perfect ring. More to come, I promise. And, to my Helen, for saying yes to this guy.




3 comments:
AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS GERBIN!!! You two deserve all the happiness in the world.
HOLY...Congratulations. So happy for you guys!
hey, John!
how it's possible?? u look younger and younger...
Post a Comment