No News is Good News.
Whats happenin? So here is a picture of the California wildfires that were taking place about a week ago. Last Saturday, Helen and I were driving home down Sunset Blvd, and we could see the plume of smoke drifting very high into the air. Your mind tries to convince you its a cloud, but it is not. The smoke was really bad last Saturday. I go to Ritual on the weekends early to work at the door for the dinner crowd. Driving into Hollywood on the 101 heading west, the lights and the views of the houses in the Hills were abstructed by just a gray cloud hanging over everything. If you looked at the lights acroos the street from Ritual, you could see the smoke inthe air. Needless to say, I got a scratchy throat, a fever, and hae been hanging out with this pain in the ass sick feeling for almost a week now. So, thats that. Helen and I live pretty far away from the fires, they were all in the hills to the southwest, west and north of us. We couldn't see anything from our house. And, in case we are trapped in the fires path, we are in deep trouble, because we are pretty close to downtown and that overal situation would not be good. Thanksgiving is next week, and we are starteing to plan already. If you didn't know, my buddy Martin is coming out for about a week. I am really looking forward to his visit. We plan on having a great Tahnksgiving over here. Trust me, with Helen, Bill, and Martin in the kitchen, it is going to be a good one. In case you are keeping track Greece, Italy and Mexico will be represented on Cortez street next week. DAMN!!! We are also trying to plan a Thanksgiving Eve (Wednesday night) beach bonfire at Docweilers State Beach by LAX. So, if anyone is reading this in California, consider yourself invited. Thanksgiving is lining up to be a great evening of friends and food. I would love to be able to spend it with Helen and her, or my, family. But let me say this, If we can't be them, being sorrounded by the people expected to come next Thursday is a close as you can get to the real thing, although over 2000 miles away. In case I forget, I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Gobble Gobble, Suckas.
1 comments:
ounds like your Thanksgiving will be fun!!
Love you.
Post a Comment