Last Night


I went out with a dear friend for some drinks and a little pool. I got sauced, and came back to the house after a long night. I stopped by one of my favorite websites, and they had a link to some amazing photos. These photos are so beautiful, sad, and haunting that they got my blood boiling. These photos of urban blight, Americans that need jobs and support domestically, and how sadly out of tune our national priorities are really got to me last night. I then proceeded to write a blog that was not really that coherent, but its heart was there. I talked briefly about issues this country is not dealing which bother me immensely. Ignorance is bliss. Self centered people, which this country seems to lately have the production market cornered, don't worry about anything else but themselves and there immediate surroundings. Money is not the only price you pay for education, it takes taxes long after you left school. Once you set the mind in motion, really set it in motion, its is hard to stop. Below is a link to the photos that ripped my heart wide open.

3 comments:

Mary Ann and Rich Gerbin said...

Great pictures. I am fairly certain that any City you go to has the same sights. Detriot is a mess, but most urban places have the same images. It is sad!

Anonymous said...

I am a blog stumbler.
I stumbled upon yours and got sucked in.
Also, I was intrigued, because your last name is the same as one of my old English teachers. But, mostly, I found your point of view to be refreshing. I also adore your love for your wife. Not that men don't love their wives, but I just found it, well..."squish" is all that comes to mind.

but here is the kicker. You know how I mentioned about the last name thing...she was. She was my ninth grade English teacher at Pacific High School. Weird. who needs facebook when you have blogger?

looking forward to the next post.

Mary Ann and Rich Gerbin said...

TIME FOR AN UPDATE......

Post a Comment