The last stretch through the desert to L.A.


We left Phoenix , ran into some nasty traffic, and headed towards L.A. Driving through the desert at night was great. It was nice not to look at long stretches of nothingness, still crossing my fingers that we would make it. I had faith, I did, I promise. But, I still had my fingers crossed. We got our ass kicked by the wind just past 29 Palms, and cruised into L.A. at around 10:45. We headed to a cousin of Helens, who had some people over to welcome us. Went to the store, picked up some High Life and bottle of champagne to celebrate. Then, Bill came over, and as usual when we are together, some pasta magically appeared on the table at about 3:00 in the morning. Saturday, we went to her friends Stella's house in the valley where we will stay until we find an apartment this week. Took no pictures on Friday and none today, sorry, just completely exhausted. Tomorrow, the apartment hunt begins, and I plan to hopefully fly my kite at the beach. The vacation is now over, but the adventure is just beginning. I hope I have satisfied those who have tuned into us and our stupid shit, and I hope to bring you more fun soon. It's going to be an adjustment, I can tell already. But, my whole life has lead up to this. And, I have a great person to spend my time and life with. I feel like I no longer have to go at it by myself, and some of the burden/responsibilities/joy is shared. Give us a bit to set up shop, but this is an invitation for those of you who would like to come out and visit. If we have a home here, so do you. To those of you who read this, thank you for all the love and support you have given. For now, I gots to roll, because I have to find a place to live and start from scratch for the second time in my life. I like to call it "gettin resourceful", anyone can do it. Sometimes you just get away from it, and yourself. Here is a picture of the last sunset of our trip.

5 comments:

Mary Ann and Rich Gerbin said...

Now the work begins...what you have prepared for and waited for a long time...and we are so glad Helen is along for the ride. Break a leg and we LOVE you madly.

Benjamin said...

is this the end of this wonderful blog? is this the end of visual correspondence? will john have a nother sandwich? stay tuned, same bat time. same bat channel.

Anonymous said...

Love you baby brother! Good luck! I know you will be successful. Miss you already!

Re

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it safe and sound. I know everything will work out for you.
You are a winner!
Love You, The Butenhoff's

Mary Ann and Rich Gerbin said...

Just because you made it...does that mean nomore posts?? LOSER....

Post a Comment