My Birthday dinner with the love of my life.


Bad picture of me, great picture of her. On the night of my birthday, I picked up my girlfriend from the job she hates, and ran into massive traffic on surface streets that would drive a sensible man insane. In the middle of the street, I exited my vehicle walked around front while my girlfriend slid over into the driver seat, she smiled as she put it into gear and said, "It's your birthday Biggie, just sit back and relax, I'll drive.", and she did. We went back to the house, got a little gussied up, and went to dinner. I had been wanting to go eat at Pizzeria Mozza, a restaurant in partnership with Mario Batali. We had a reservation at 10:00, got there a little early, and flirted/made out like a couple of kids outside until our table was ready. Dinner couldn't have been better, the food was off the charts, simple, but quality. Helen sat across from me and just beamed beauty. It's amazing when you really see yourself with someone for the rest of your life and imagine them years, decades, into the future, and love them more for it. We enjoyed Olive Oil, Espresso, and Pistachio Gellatto, and walked arm in arm towards the car, pausing only to take a picture. We then drove to our apartment through Hollywood, listening to songs that have significance to us through the rough, but lovely, transition to/back to Hollywood life. She is amazing, and my love grows for her everyday. Greeks believe Birthdays should be a time for major celebration, and Helen made my Birthday a special one. In Chicago towards the end, I got used to my Birthdays being casual, but fun affairs with an intimate gathering of friends. Helen injects life into me, and makes me realize that sometimes you have to throw it all away and start from scratch. And by that, I mean the fixed bachelor lifestyle. It's good kids, real good when you find it. Feelaki, Sotiri, Feelaki.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, sounds like you have an amazing person to share your life with.

Mary Ann and Rich Gerbin said...

It so obvious that you are in love.
CHEERS!!!!
Love you.

Anonymous said...

We love you Helen! Take care of our boy.

Post a Comment