"Where did Lena find you?"
So. If you don't know, I help Helen nanny from time to time. The job is pretty easy. I simply chauffeur some kids-Nicky, Stella, and Sascha, from school and any other activities they have. They are great kids, and they love to play after school in the playground. The kids are allowed to stay after school in a supervised environment while other nannies, as well as moms and dads, pick them up. Sascha, the youngest is in the Bahama with Helen, so I am just shuttling Nicky and Stella. So yesterday, Wednesday, I had to pick them right after school. There was no time to play, I had to drive them over Laurel Canyon, and then boogie out to Universal to make my audition. Well, picking them up directly after school means Nicky couldn't play, and Stella had to miss her Animal Adventures class. Animal Adventures class is a program where an instructor brings domesticated and wild animals into the class so the kids can interact and ask question about it. Stella is a serious animal lover, and because of my schedule, she couldn't attend it. So, both Nicky and Stella bore the brunt of schedule. So, today, I picked them up around 4:30, so they both had plenty of time to play. So I always walk in, hang out for a while, and usually I play with the kids. Not just Stella, Nicky or Sascha, but sometimes other kids. So, today, while playing one on one basketball with this kid Sam,(u should see how stylish this kids are, its almost too much), I was teaching him a couple things and just hanging out with him. I was giving some pointers to Sam, and then this woman says to me-"Where did Lena find you?". Lena is the mother of the children that I take care of. I kinda flipped at first. I was thinking "What? Did this bitch just ask me where the fuck they found me?" Like I hadn't existed, and my soul/sole purpose was to be hatched at a factory where blue collar people who work for the rich and are good with kids are born. She said it in that really shitty, late 80's, early 90's stuck up Beverly Hills wife way eg., an evil mother in Troupe Beverly Hills, that Blond Lesbian thing in Beverly Hills Cop II. And then, I remembered that I was playing with her son about fifteen minutes ago, and she was really sweet, and she was completely complimenting me. Then I realized that being good with kids is probably one of my favorite attributes of mine, and I am proud of it. But, Shit, when it first came out of her mouth, I had to bite my tongue. She then told me her and her husband hire a Manny for their sons in the summer, and how important is that boys have have a guy watching them. Two days before, at Nicky's baseball game, I was playing with Stella and another lady complimented me on my interaction with Stella. I just remembered that. There are a lot of men out there that are good with kids. Grandpa's and Dad's alike that are great with children, and know how to talk to kids. And not only with children they are related to, but others as well. I think a lot of men can be great with kids, they just need a chance for the mothers to take the leash off them. Men also need to stop being looked at cautiously out of the corner of other peoples eyes when ever they are interacting with kids. I know, I know, their are some sick people out there, but if Men didn't feel like they were on trial every time they interacted with kids, I think things would be a little different. Thats just some love for all the amazing men out there that know what it takes to be real man.
1 comments:
You always were good with kids..nice to hear that someone noticed that!!!
Post a Comment