Time to celebrate it.

Biggins turns 30 on January 15th, 2009!
Helen and and I are heading to Chicago next week. We leave on Wednesday the 14th, and we are going to spend about five days there. Now, my birthday isn't the main reason for this trip. The main reason is to meet the priest that is going to marry us. You know Greeks, he has to look me over and give me the go ahead. I am looking forward to the seeing Helens' family and our friends. I think my moms and pops are driving up on Saturday to spend a little time with us. Let me tell what I am not looking forward to. SINGLE DIGIT TEMPERATURES. Not looking forward to that at all. Listen, I thought/think Chicago is a great town, but screw that cold ass shit. Be careful, Chicagoans, before you defend her to the end. She is a lovely town, with a lot of experience and beautiful curves(architecture), sweet as hell, and loves a good drink. But, she can also be a miserable bitch. You know its true, so don't start. I got to thinking, it has been about a year and a half since I have experienced COLD weather. I had to tell my Mom to ship my winter coat up to my soon-to-be mother-in-law's house. The most protection I have out here, and need, is a doubled up hoodie and a sock hat. So, Monday I will dig through my box of hats and find my good ol' Chicago Cop black fur lined ear flap hat. Now, the question is do I buy gloves out here, or go to Ragstock on Thursday(Birthday) after breakfast at Bongo Room. I'm thinking Ragstock, after my Turkey sandwich and some awesome gob of pancake goodness. I am looking forward to seeing my friends and seeing that old bitch of a city again. Its going to be a hell of a year. Turning 30, getting married, and hopefully in a highly opportunistic Hollywood. I can't believe it is going to be in the single digits on my Birthday. Damn, Chicago, I thought I was good to you. I thought we could be civil. Good thing I will be drunk enough to take you in the state your in. Your mean, you old bitch, but I love you. Put something nice on, Daddy's home.
2 comments:
She's bitter you've been gone so long. Are you surprised she's throwing you single digits on your birthday? Come on. Nicely played on her part.
Can't wait to see you guys. Give me a shout and let me know the plans for Thursday. You didn't mention the snow, yea, there's a lot of snow right now.
Post a Comment