BBQ and Double Dutch
Today was beautiful, even a little on the warm side. I went to a friends place to help with some computer stuff, and Helen hit me up saying her and her cousin were coming home from the beach, and they felt like a Biggie Burger. I make a mean hamburger, not tootin the old horn, but I would challenge anyone on burgers. Chicken, shit, I can ruin chicken, but chicken sucks to grill. I can cook the shit out of it in Kabob form. So, I fired up the chimney starter, reached into my bag of 40 lb. bag of hardwood charcoal, put it in the chimney starter, and got down. Beth and Bill, some of our friends (STL WHAT!!) called at the perfect time, and they were invited to the 'Que. I really want to perfect my BBQ this summer, dry rubs, try and get my hands on some Maulls, take it to the next level. I am trying to learn a little about everything right now. I went to a home brew beer class last night in Culver City. Since getting a free beer making kit from a friend, I have read and studied up on the subject. I went to the class last night so I could see someone actually do it. Now, I think I am ready to brew my own, but will probably wait till the fall when temps are more consistent. So, we had our burgers, we hung out for a while, Murph, Helen's cousin, left and Bill, Helen, Beth, and myself were the only ones left. So, we thought it would be good idea to take ourselves, our dog, and the jump ropes down to the tennis courts to do a little double dutch. Helen is obsessed with it, and we have all taken a liking to it. We took some pics, and worked off them burgers. We came back to the house, and Billy was getting a little dessert hungry, so we headed over to Diddy Riese for some cookie and ice cream sandwiches. Its no Ted Drewes, but it hit the spot. Everyone left, and its just the family here hanging out. I am doing some routine maintenance o my buddy's computer, and then we are going to bed. Good night.
1 comments:
Love it! Remember when we used to do double dutch on the back patio? Between the four of us, we had a team instantly! (Helen, you can thank his sisters for the talent!)
By the way, I had Ted's this weekend. You are right; nothing compares!
Love you and Helen! Hugs, Re
Post a Comment