Easter
Before you say it, I know Easter was last week. Now, understand I am with a Greek. Blah Blah Blah eek. I had to get all that rhyming out of my system. That means that in the Orthodox religion, they celebrate their Easter a week later. Moving on, the weekend kind of sucked. I had some plumbing issues Friday night and could not reach my landlord because he is Bulgarian and an Orthodox Priest!!! Of all the times for shit to hit the fan, Easter weekend. The plumbing got fixed, I hardly saw Helen this last week, and work was just okay. Sunday, however, we went to her Aunt Eleni's house for Easter, which is always a lot fun. She is a saint, and her kids are all sweethearts. Chris and Uncle Pete, who did almost all of the cooking, really took care of us. Uncle Pete had to take a little bit of a break, so I filled in for him. We had lamb, hot wings, Carne Asada, Suvlakia, and brisket. They cooked the whole lamb in a cuban style grill box that uses the coals on top to create an oven big enough for whole animals. Oh, by the way, Chris has a 1970 Cadillac that is amazing. I'll give you a pic for the heck of it. We had to leave there, and run by her cousins Aunt's house in Pasadena before I finally had to go to work at 9. I had a great meat and ber drunk going all day. No worries, Helen drove. And now for no reason at all, I just want to let you all know it is Almost a hundred degrees right now, with no humidity though. Ha.
1 comments:
Sounds like a great day and the old car was a bonus!
Post a Comment