Where to begin.
I have an audition tomorrow morning. Too bad I feel like my sinus cavities are filled with fucking concrete. Oh, well. I spent all day laying or sitting on something soft. Helen made some chicken soup from scratch. All day long its been fruits, vegetables, and soup. I'm gonna take a hot shower soon and try and get all the shit stuck in face running right.
We are heading to St. Louis this summer in July. My sisters and mother are having a baby shower for Helen. I am really looking forward to the trip. It's almost been two years since I have been home. Luckily, we haven't been that home sick as of late due to all the visitor we have had in town. Yes, it has been busy, and a little difficult for Helen initially because the bulk of the visitors were here during Helen's first trimester when she was exhausted. But, we loved having all of the company. We looked forward to every visitor we had, and we enjoyed them immensely. Helen's mother came in January, and we took a side trip to Vegas. My mom and dad came in March, and then traveled up the PCH to San Francisco. It was extra special getting to tell them in person that we are expecting. Helen's cousins came in March with two of the three kids. Then our Koumbara came in with her beau in April, and we took small side trip to Palm Springs. My sister Antoinette just came about a week and a half ago. It was amazing, always nice to play tour guide in any city you start to take for granted.
On to the plans for St. Louis, I think I am actually going to get an IV drip of Ted Drewes and White Castles. I know you are having a hard time wrapping your head around administering White Castles by IV. I will liquefy them first, stoopid. Then, whilst I'm there, maybe a small fishing trip with my father, and lots of quality time with my family and friends. Imo's and i might even bring back some Provel cheese. Not provolone, Provel, for those in the know or just west of the Mississippi.
Finally, this blog and Facebook. I dropped my Facebook profile. So, for the three people that read this-Mom, Helen, and myself- just look at this blog, because I am attacking it with new vigor. I dropped my Facebook for a number of reasons. I joined Facebook at first because I wanted to keep in touch with some folk from Ireland I had the pleasure of working with my last summer in Chicago. It served a purpose as a means of keeping contact with a bunch of people. So, you friend request someone. Then you either trade private messages or a couple wall posts catching up, then you never really bother with them again. That's fucking lame. You are not supposed to talk to everyone you once knew at one point or another in your life. There are a select few you keep. Life is constantly moving forward, and you have to shed weight along the way. Life is more exciting when you have that chance encounter with people you used to know. And, I can honestly say I no longer think life is a popularity contest. Now, for all you Facebook lovers, do your thing, it just wasn't working for me. That and I couldn't see another fucking picture of newly minted parents with their shirts off holding their newborn baby. Annie Leibovits isn't taking your photo, and no one wants to see that shit. Another reason is that Idon't want anything about my child on a social networking site, period. Also, I found myself spending too much time with it. I wasn't spending hours on it, but the time I was spending on it could better be used to call the friends I actually have a relationship with. I am trying to focus on real life, rather than information absorbed in front of a screen. I think the computer is very useful, but it can also be a great distraction. So, there it is.
Auditioning has been picking up lately, that has been quite nice. I have had three in the past week and a half. Its nice to stay active and go out on these auditions, after all, its just a numbers game. You aren't right for everything you go out for, but the more you get seen by casting directors the better. If you are consistently doing good work, it all adds up. Nice talking to you. Good Night.
4 comments:
I read it too!
And I'm with you on the Facebook crap - I've never used it nor will I.
Love you both! See you in July!
Sister Re
Thanks for the update...been a while!!!
Yay! I didn't know you guys were expecting. How exciting! Enjoy your trip back home!
hey! i read this blog too!! i've been waiting for a new one since the birthday. i'm glad things are working out and keep them coming!! eff facebook. it's lame...
Post a Comment