Birthday.



The year started off with a bang, and its been fun as hell ever since. For my Birthday, we were thinking of heading off to Vegas. We decided to put it off, and maybe take Helens mom when she comes in town. On my actual birthday, I worked a double. But on my break between shifts, Helen made me dinner and a cake from scratch that was so good it made you wanna smack someone. I was definitely spoiled this weekend. So, instead of going to Vegas on Sunday, we used a gift certificate to get away for the night at one of our favorite Hotels. I took Helen here for her birthday last year, it had only been open a for about 6 to 8 weeks when we went. We had a blast, we loved it. This place is a like a grown up summer camp. You can do whatever the hell you want, and enjoy yourself any way you want. This place can be a scene out of Vegas sometimes, with a lot of Angelenos hanging out around the pool and using their bits as bait. There are a lot of different people that frequent this place, and often the type of people I usually wouldn't hang out with. But, we all have one thing in common, you decide your fun down here. We got a great room with a fireplace, and layed in bed with the patio doors open, listening to the rain. JuJu got to come along with us, and she watched diligently for intruders to the patio. It was a great little family vacation, but the drive back was a little slow. It was raining, and raining hard on the drive. Now, you have to understand, a stiff rain is akin to a blizzard out here. The highways aren't realy built to drain water off that successfully, so your tires are catching tire rut puddles, and months and months of oil and other slick shit get combine to make things even more interesting. We made it in one piece, had some dinner, and went to bed a little early. Cold and rainy weather in LA is always provide you with a good reason to stay in a little bit. Its raining o0utside right now, perfect day to do nothing

2 comments:

Mary Ann and Rich Gerbin said...

Sounds like you had a fantabulous birthday.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about the prevalence of technology in our day to day lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://will-the-r4-r4i-work.wetpaint.com/]nintendo dsi r4i[/url] DS NetBrowze)

Post a Comment