All the news thats fit to print.
Jesus, anybody reading this should have stopped a while ago. Really, I suck for taking so long to post. But, looking at the date, all that time lost has good reason. See picture below for reason.
No, not the new white foster dog next to JuJu, the baby bump. Helen and I went back to the mid west for some baby showers that our families threw for us. It was a whirlwind tour, as always. The showers were sweet and thoughtful, and a great opportunity to catch up and spend time with friends and family. We got back and have played catch up for a while. LA is expensive, but being here is a necessity for me. Also, not working for us means no dough coming in. While trips home are great, they can be hard as well one we get back. Also, when we got back from the showers, I filmed about three projects. One short, one USC Thesis Film named The Case of the Missing Garden Gnome, and a little low budget independent called Nesting.OH SHIT!

I forgot to mention Helen and I got to do a little project with the one and only Mike Ditka as well when we came back. That was rad, people will call him coach for the rest of his life. He was so sweet, so nice to us. He signed an autograph for the baby, and gave me a coin of his out of his pocket, his IRON MIKE coin. Its silver, and makes me smile every time I see it. Those projects took up some time, but have all been worth it. I shot a promo for Conan, that is goiog to play in Regal Cinemas. Last weekend I did a another commercial for submission to the Doritos Crash the SuperBowl contest. Thats about it for the work front.
On to the baby front. I know there is a baby in her stomach, I have watched it grow. I feel it move. I see it kick her so hard she stops talking mid-sentence. We have been to the midwives and to Birthing classes. I do feel like I know what is going on in there. All of these things make me feel connected. The showers, the phone calls from anxious soon-to-be grandparents, aunts and uncles, and friends all make this experience real, heart warming, and exciting. I am emotional, sometimes a little too much, thanks to being raised by far too many women. Throughout this, I haven't gotten that stomach swell ,or that lump in the throat. Which surprised, because i can be a real woman sometimes. That was the case until Sunday. I was painting and retouching some walls in the nursery, and it hit me like a a ton of bricks. I was painting my child;s room. Me, painting, listening to music, having a couple of beers feeling like my father. That moment was indescribable, it was the most meaningful instant I have had as a father during this pregnancy. The baby isn't going in the nursery right away, its going to be in the room with us. I am working on the nursery like crazy because I want it to be ready to go when we are ready to make that move for the baby. And also because all of the boxes and baby stuff we had stored in that room are now displaced around the house seriously fucking with our feng shui. And we have more to do still.
4 comments:
It occurred to me today that we haven't spoken since I saw you in January, so i decided to check this goldguts thing out and see what's kickin'. Turns out, it's a baby! That's great, it's always nice to see good things happening to good people, and it's refreshing to know of a child coming into the world while having the utmost confidence his/her parents aren't going to screw it up. Though I'm sure you'll screw some things up, not the big stuff, not the real stuff. I really can't imagine two people better-qualified to guide a young person through this wacky world of ours.
On a lighter note, I'm crazy jealous about your Dikka encounter, and you should watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqrtoFWglMY
Much Love,
Badge
Made me cry! One of those light bulb moments and they are priceless! Here's to many more!
Love you guys!
So happy for you and Helen! You are going to be an awesome daddy! Just wait until you hold that little baby for the first time... I can't wait to see pictures of all the tears then!! They are the best tears in the world! Best wishes to you both... and to the baby, too!!
John! Goodness, it's been too long - again. Huge congrats to you and Helen! So happy for you!! Tried to find your email, but didn't so i thought i'd try you here, cause i might be visiting LA in december around christmas. And would of course love to meet you and your family if you're there!
Please send me an email at krissweden@gmail.com.
Give my best to Helen and the baby!
Best best of wishes, Kristina
Post a Comment