I challenge you to Please Make Me A Mix CD!

My name is John Gerbin, and this is my blog.

PLEASE READ THIS POST AND PASS IT ALONG




For those of you who don't know or care, I contracted a nasty computer virus about a month ago. The nasty little bugger took away a lot of things I now miss. It took pictures, some writing, and MY ENTIRE iTUNES LIBRARY. We'll get back to the iTunes dilemma in a minute. I understand that I should have had a back up for my data, trust me when I say that I will definitely be backing up all of my information on a regular basis from here on out. Also, no Apple fan boy flack about how they never get infected with viruses. Apples are becoming quite popular, especially with all of the iPhone sales. I know that the previous fact is obvious, but what I am trying to say is that finally wrting viruses for Apple will become more popular as they get a larger market share. So, please don't make me feel any worse than I already do about losing everything. So, here is what I am asking of all the my friends, people on Facebook, and their friends, and their friends friends is-

PLEASE, MAKE ME A MIX CD!!!!


Due to the loss of my iTunes library,
I now have an iPod that I cannot connect to my computer in order to maintain whats
left of my now missing iTunes library.
I have decided to try and collect as many mix CD's , hopefully breaking a record
of some kind in the process, as I can to
turn me on to music I have not been exposed to. I am asking
for people I know and don't know, to make a CD and send it to me by mail. You know you
love your music, and you love when other people love at as much as you. So share it with me!
I cannot pay for the postage, I am hoping that everyone can spare about a dollar(avg cost of blank CD, envelope, and postage) and about twenty minutes to help me out.
I am requesting that you include a track and listing with artist's names. If I dig it, I would love to go buy the full album. Let me in on your world of music, share the love.
My mission is to get as many as I possibly can, I'll even open a P.O. Box
if I have to accomodate large quantiities(Hopefully!) of mail. I have been given some amazing mix CD's in my time(Kyle o and Andy), and have given out more than my fair share. I will post my address, and hopefully this post will reach everywhere from the borroughs of NY, to the Mid West, and the West Coast. I will happily post the number of CD's I receive and highlight some of the stand outs based on the criteria of Music, Cover Art, and Genre. NO GENRE IS OFF LIMITS!! I 'll take anything from Pop, to Hip-Hop, SOUL, RNB, PUnK, Metal, Indie, Classical, Jazz, Rag Time, Female vocalists, Male vocalists, trios, quartets, you name it! I will also post pictures and videos of the results. I knows times is rough, but hopefully you all agree that this is something creative you would love to do. Thank you for reading this, I hope to get something in the mail from you all soon.

John Gerbin
1626 Cortez St.
Los Angeles CA
90026

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you say mix cd? I am the queen of party mixes and blues mixes. I'll send you both. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

What did you say mix cd? I am the queen of party mixes and blues mixes. I'll send you both. Love ya!

Unknown said...

i can help you get your stuff off of your ipod and back onto your computer...

Anonymous said...

Big Dirty Cracklin,

Daddy is sending the best of Iron Maiden and Motorhead ASAP!! It's what ails you...

Crunk Runky Junk Monk

Post a Comment